Teeth are God’s gift to us. He has provided us with two sets of dentition: Deciduous or milk dentition and Permanent dentition. These teeth are for the life time but we tend to loose them early because of our negligence. If we take care of our teeth, they will stay with you and give you good service for the life time. At Dogra Dental Clinic excellance, we not only treat and preserve the teeth but also educate the patients about how to maintain their teeth for the life time.
Brushing of teeth is one of the simplest and most common methods of maintaining good oral hygiene, but we all go wrong in the simplest of things don’t we?
Here’s a stepwise procedure of how to brush your teeth
- Always use a soft toothbrush for gentle cleaning. Place bristles along the gumline at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Gently brush the outer surfaces of 2-3 teeth using a vibrating back and forth rolling motion. Move brush to the next group of 2-3 teeth and repeat.
- Maintaining a 45 degree angle of the brush clean the inner surfaces of teeth using back, forth and rolling motion.
- Tilt the brush vertically behind the front teeth. Make several up and down strokes using the front half of the brush.
- Clean the biting surface of teeth using a gentle back and forth scrubbing motion. Brush the tongue back and forth to remove odour producing bacteria.
It is recommended that one should brush twice dailly, once before going to bed at night and then in the morning after the breakfast. This habit will keep the mouth clean for maximum time of the day.
Floss is a bundle of thin filaments made of either silk or nylon, waxed or non waxed, and also used to clean teeth especially the areas in between the teeth( interdental spaces). Even regular brushing sometimes fails to clean these areas of all food particles especially when there are spaces formed after the gums have receeded. Dental floss is also available with convenient handles as well as flavoured.
12-18 inch floss is wrapped around middle fingers of both hands and then held tightly between index fingers and thumbs. the floss is then slipped between each teeth along the teeth surfaces and cleaning of food debris stuck between the teeth by moving the floss inward and outward.
Visite to Dentist
Even after the best of care taken at home, it is recommended that one makes a visit to dental office at least once in six months. A thorough dental checkup will help in diagnosing and treating the dental problems at an early stage and thus saving the patient from more complicated procedures.